China Black/White Wall Corner Protectors ManufacturerChina T Rubber Edge Trim For Table SupplierEdge Trim Channel Rubber China ManufacturerPvc Door Strip China SupplierSlot wall Melamine Slotted Board FactoryWholesale Pvc Electrical Wire Casing With Cover Supplier
Watch the full episode: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMEAKraoh6c&index=7&list=PLkJADc1qDrr-U3jevgVkJt9YXYy_ZfHau
This Old House general contractor Tom Silva replaces a pair of sidelights on a front door with new, insulated ones. (See below for shopping list, tools, and steps.)
Click here to SUBSCRIBE to the official This Old House YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=thisoldhouse
Shopping List for How to Replace Sidelights on a Front Door:
- Insulated-glass sidelights
- Acrylic-latex caulk, for weatherproofing the sidelights
- Exterior-grade primer and paint
Tools List for How to Replace Sidelights on a Front Door:
- Utility knife, for slicing through dried coats of paint
- Stiff-blade putty knife and flat bar, used to pry off stop beads
- Circular saw, for cutting new sidelights to length
- Hand plane, used to trim new sidelights to width
- Air compressor and pin nailer with 1-inch pins, for installing stop beads
- Caulk gun
Steps for How to Replace Sidelights on a Front Door:
1. From inside, use a utility knife to slice through the old paint along the outer edge of the stop beads, and in between the stop beads and sidelight sash.
2. Then, use a stiff-blade putty knife and flat bar to carefully pry the stop beads from around the sidelight sash.
3. Move outside and use the utility knife to cut through the paint bead around the exterior of the sidelight.
4. Use your fist to gently tap the wood frame of the sidelight to free it from the opening.
5. If your front door has two sidelights, repeat Steps 1 through 4 to remove the second sidelight.
6. Trim the new sidelights to fit the existing openings. Cut them to length with a circular saw, and trim them to width with a hand plane.
7. Brush a coat of exterior-grade primer onto all four edges of the sidelights.
8. Apply a continuous bead of acrylic-latex caulk around all four sides of one opening and press the sidelight into place.
9. Reinstall the original stop beads around the inside of the sidelight. Secure the stops with a pin nailer and 1-inch pins.
10. Repeat the previous two steps to install the second sidelight.
11. Prime and paint the inside and outside surfaces of both sidelights.
Follow This Old House and Ask This Old House:
Sweed’s ACSR Separation System is effective for clean processing of virtually any kind of wire and cable for aluminum and copper wire recovery.
Sweed engineers have developed several footprints of their systems to accommodate scrap processors with low or high volumes. These systems can be customized to meet customer specifications, and optional equipment can be integrated to maximize system performance and payback.
The Model 5703 XHD Scrap Chopper is designed to meet the toughest linear recycling challenges and is especially suited for processing high volumes of ACSR and multi-strand communications cable. Unique front opening feedworks, taper-lock flywheel/shaft assemblies, and high-performance bearings make the 5703 XHD a remarkably tough chopper that is easy to service and maintain even when used in high-production environments. The 5703 XHD is widely recognized in the industry for pre-chopping reeled cable off the spool and can be tuned to virtually any linear scrap chopping application—delivering exceptional power and quick payback. When coupled with Sweed’s Magnetic Separator, the 5703 XHD becomes an effective ACSR processor. For companies processing 100,000 pounds or more of ACSR annually, this system has very attractive payback potential!
The 5703XHD can also be married with Sweed’s Separation System for aluminum and wire copper recovery. Sweed Machinery also manufactures wire & cable granulation and separation system for ACSR, utility, romex, #2 wire and communication cable. Learn more about Sweed systems here: http://www.sweed.com/separation
Sweed is proud to have served the recycling and wood products industries for 60 years. If you want the latest technology, quality craftsmanship, unmatched customer service and excellent after-sale support… Sweed Machinery is the answer!
WIRE CHOPPING / COPPER RECOVERY SEPARATION SYSTEM:
Sweed’s recycling equipment can manage all types of wire and cable scrap, including: ferrous and non-ferrous wire, ACSR, communication wire, utility cables, power cables, copper wire, electrical multi-strand wire, romex, #1, #2 and #3 wire! Sweed systems are designed and manufactured in the United States, and offer unsurpassed technical assistance and after-sale support.
With the high price of clean recyclable conductive metals, no matter what your output requirements are, Sweed’s wire and cable recycling equipment has tremendous potential for quick paybacks and outstanding long-term profits!
Learn more about Sweed systems here: http://www.sweed.com/separation
• Check out this popular wire chopping system featuring Sweed’s Modular Wire and Cable Separation System with the prechopper option: https://youtu.be/5ChKP-bRJ9w?list=PL187A3BD3BA37F812
Sweed’s line of scrap choppers process: PET strapping, steel banding, baling wire, tube scarf, slitter edge trim, bandsaw blades, doctor blades, coater blades, and much more (virtually any scrap material that is linear)!
• Check out this popular scrap chopper video featuring Sweed’s Model 510 XHD processing 1 1/4″ steel banding: https://youtu.be/qGcaRZgb1UQ
• Check out this popular scrap chopper video featuring Sweed’s Model 450 DDX processing an impressive amount of PET strapping: https://youtu.be/QUCleAWA3Yw
Learn more about Sweed scrap choppers here: http://www.sweed.com/choppers
PANEL HANDLING EQUIPMENT:
Sweed’s line of panel handling equipment is designed to keep products moving to help veneer mills achieve higher production goals with less downtime. Sweed is known in the panel handling industry for its innovative and efficient designs including: dryer feeders, lappers, dryer unloaders, strip stackers, veneer stackers, turners, veneer saws, core saws, scissor hoists, giant hoists, and more!
• Check out this video of Sweed’s Strip Stacker at Nordic Veneer, mentioned in the November 2015 edition of Panel World Magazine: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBwtcE_oeA0
Sweed also offers veneer Patchline support for Raimann and Skoog patchers including: parts, shuttle parts drive conversions, pivot arms, transfer arms hot melt adhesive applicator parts, new dies, die sharpening and repair, automatic strip feeders, draw bars/front rods and cams.