Rubber Sealing T Strip（TPR&PP&PVC&TPE) China ExporterWholesale Edge Trim Channel Rubber ExporterWholesale Pvc T Molding Edge Trim Rubber T Table ManufacturerWholesale PVC TPE Counter-top Corner Protectors/Guard ExporterWholesale Roller Shutter Doors For Cupboards PricelistWholesale Wire Trunking Supplier
Follow my Blog @ http://www.autobodyreviews.com , How to articles, reviews and more!
See them on the car – Visit http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbeMFueiq7s
Also Visit us @ http://www.refinishnetwork.com
Refinish Network consists of various professional and enthusiast painters whom work collectively to help eachother out using the websites discussion forum. You will also find various helpful ‘how to’ articles from painting to body repairs.
These rims where dropped off with red stripes originally and the entire wheels were sanded and painted. This how to paint your rims video doesn’t properly illustrate the prep work that was done prior to painting.
The wheels where completely scuffed, cleaned and the black was masked off before painting the rims. The clear coat applied at the end provides the shine and durability of the wheels.
This customer had brought me a set of rims from his Mazda 6 that had a red strip originally but he wanted it painted yellow to match the rest of his car. After about 10hrs of work the rims had been painted successfully. I think the rims look pretty sweet, they kinda remind me of the bumblebee man transformer. This is how to paint rims with or with the stripe, base and clear like any other job works great.
The rims were first scuffed with a sanding paste and scotch pad to prep them for the paint to adhere. Next the line was taped up and the color was applied to the rims. The first coat was a white ground coat to help my yellow cover better since it is transparent. I used a Devilbiss Dagr airbrush to apply the basecoat and a Devilbiss gti was used for clearcoat.
After basecoat the tape was removed and I removed any overspray off the rims and remasked them. The tire was masked off of the rim and the valve stem was taped up also. Two coats of BASF clearcoat was applied and allowed to dry. The basecoat used here was RM ONYX HD Waterborne paint.
Here I used a sharpened copper coupler to cut circular holes in foam for the purpose of storing and transporting painted miniatures.