China Flexible Plastic PVC Edge Strips SupplierChina U Molding Edge Strip FactoriesPlastic Corner Guards China ManufacturersRubber Molding for SaleWholesale Customized OEM Rubber Edge Strip FactoryWholesale Plastic Clear PVC Data Strip Pricelist
Pleated day/night window shades are a common feature in just about every class of RV. Since the design relies on thin fabric cords sliding across hard plastic parts, cord wear and breakage is a distinct possibility.
Replacement Day/Night Shade Cord on Amazon (100 yard roll, multiple colors available): http://rvg.tips/day-night-shade-cord
During our 9+ years of full-timing, we’ve probably had to re-string blinds around 10 times, or an average of about once a year. Part of the inherent problem with the design is that there needs to be enough tension on the cords to hold the shades where you put them, preventing them from falling on their own.
Unfortunately, keeping tension on the cord increases the friction of it against the hard plastic parts as you open and close the blinds. It’s a delicate balance that sooner or later leads to broken cords.
The good thing is that re-stringing a pleated RV window shade is a do-it-yourselfer’s dream job, with the vast majority of the cost being labor, inexpensive & readily available replacement parts (just the cord) and no special mechanical skills or tools required. A little time, patience and care are all that’s needed for this task.
We keep replacement cord on hand for that inevitable time when one of the shades falls loose at an angle, letting us know that the cord is frayed and about to break.
To hear about new videos, giveaways and other great RVing content as soon as it’s released, visit our website and subscribe!
Full-Time RVers since April 11, 2003, we share DIY (do it yourself) RV maintenance, repair, travel, upgrade and operational tips & tricks.
While we’re not RV technicians, we’re very mechanically inclined and have learned a lot about RV systems over the years. We’ve handled most of our own minor service, maintenance and upgrade work on both of our RVs.
We meet lots of newer RVers who are eager to learn some basics about using, maintaining and caring for their rigs. After more than a decade on the road, we’re happy to share what we’ve learned (some of it the hard way). We hope our experience can help other RVers go DIY, saving time & money while experiencing the satisfaction of a job well done. We’re handy RVers, not professional technicians. We’re happy with the techniques and products we use, but be sure to confirm that all methods and materials you use are compatible with your equipment and abilities. Regardless of what we recommend, consult a professional if you’re unsure about working on your RV. Any task you perform or product you purchase based on any information we provide is strictly at your own risk.
We sometimes receive products for evaluation at no cost, but our opinions are our own and we only feature products we personally use, love and can recommend to friends with complete confidence. The RVgeeks participate in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Comments welcome! Thanks for watching! Don’t forget to subscribe!
New AGRICULTURAL Update for Oxygen Not Included is here! New Food, Farming, Natural Gas Geysers & Power options, Stress Responses, Power Controls, Switched & much more! Let’s Play Oxygen Not Included AGRICULTURAL Update Early Access (ONI) Enjoy
➤Please consider supporting my Channel through Patreon:
➤Where to FOLLOW Me:
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/biffa2001
- 2nd Channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/BiffaPlays
- Twitter: @biffa2001
- Livestream: http://www.twitch.tv/biffa2001
Be sure to follow me for more Oxygen Not Included Agriculture update (ONI) gameplay. I am having a blast with my Let’s Play of Oxygen Not Included & discovering all the new mechanics. Subscribe for more Oxygen Not Included Gameplay and my Oxygen Not Included Let’s Play on my channel so you don’t miss out! From Klei Entertainment, the dev’s behind the massive hit Don’t Starve.
➤Oxygen Not Included (ONI): https://goo.gl/H2E7yS
➤Astroneer Lets Play: https://goo.gl/Jkm42M
➤Oxygen Not Included Game (Alpha Available on Forum Link)
Oxygen Not Included Agricultural Upgrade Features
- New Items, Buildings and Recipes: Discover new plants, buildings and yummy cooking recipes. Farm food and flavour-enhancing spices, then cook them into culinary delights for your Duplicants to enjoy.
- Improved Crop Tending: Build pipe systems and irrigate your crops using new farm plots. Monitor pressure, temperature, fertilization and irrigation to keep your crops happy and healthy.
- New Farming Systems: The Harvest Rating Point system now allows you to increase the yield of your harvest by meeting ideal growing conditions for crops. Reach 100 Harvest Rating and watch your plants yield extra kcal and new seeds for farm expansion.
- Consumables Screen: Control your colony’s eating habits with the new Consumables Screen. Dupes now have Food Quality Expectations, so try to feed them foods they like!
- New Duplicant Stress Responses: All new ways for Duplicants to have mental breakdowns! Tears will be shed and rations will be eaten with new Ugly Crier and Binge Eater traits.
- New Energy Source: New Natural Gas Geysers have tons of power to harness with the Natural Gas Generator, so long as you don’t mind the smell.
- Power Control: Manage your power systems more effective and prevent overloads and meltdowns with the new Power Transformer.
- Screenshot Mode: Alt-S will now allow you to enter screenshot mode. Zoom out and take a picture of your entire base, then show it to all your friends.
- Hydro and Atmo Switches: Automate your systems with pressure-detecting liquid and gas switches.
- Quality of Life Improvements:
Storage and Planter Copy Settings: Cut down on time spent setting storage filters and planting seeds by copying & painting filter settings.
- Breaktimes: No more assigning Dupes to Massage Tables with the new Breaktime Policy screen. Set the stress levels at which they should stop working with the Max Stress slider, then tell them when they should get back to work with Min Stress.
- Default Job Restrictions: Use the Default column of the Jobs Screen to set job restrictions for new Dupes. Newly printed Dupes will come out with these settings already assigned.
- Framerate improvement, reduced load times, UI changes & more
What is Oxygen Not Included?
Oxygen Not Included is a space-colony simulation game. Manage your colonists and help them dig, build and maintain a subterranean asteroid base.
You’ll need water, warmth, food, and oxygen to keep them alive, and even more than that to keep them happy.
What is Alpha?
We still have a lot of things planned for Oxygen Not Included, however we now feel that the game is fun and interesting enough that we want you to give it a try, and most importantly, we want your feedback. We’re not quite ready for a large scale release yet, because we want to gather feedback from our fans first, so we are offering it to you before we go into early-access
Oxygen Not Included is now available for purchase for $19.99 USD during Alpha. We expect the price to be higher in the future, however we have not set a final price yet.
What can I expect from the Alpha?
There are a lot of things we want to add to Oxygen Not Included. Here are some of the more important things we want to address. Order is subject to change.
More things that are sensitive to the effects of temperature
More tools to deal with temperature
Improved base sustainability
More ways to create sustainable systems for resources such as water, fertilizer, dirt etc.
Improved stress gameplay
More stress responses and behaviours for strung out Duplicants
More ways to reduce and prevent stress
New biomes and creatures
Mysterious objects hidden in the world that may help or harm you agriculture update