China Pvc Electrical Wire Casing With Cover FactoryChina Pvc Hydroponic Water System ManufacturersPlastic Roller Cabinet Shutter Door FactoriesPlastic Table Edging Trim Pvc Edge Banding For Furniture China SupplierPvc Kitchen Rolling Shutter for SaleWholesale PE Material Polyethylen Wear Strips Factory
Watch the full episode: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMEAKraoh6c&index=7&list=PLkJADc1qDrr-U3jevgVkJt9YXYy_ZfHau
This Old House general contractor Tom Silva replaces a pair of sidelights on a front door with new, insulated ones. (See below for shopping list, tools, and steps.)
Click here to SUBSCRIBE to the official This Old House YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=thisoldhouse
Shopping List for How to Replace Sidelights on a Front Door:
- Insulated-glass sidelights
- Acrylic-latex caulk, for weatherproofing the sidelights
- Exterior-grade primer and paint
Tools List for How to Replace Sidelights on a Front Door:
- Utility knife, for slicing through dried coats of paint
- Stiff-blade putty knife and flat bar, used to pry off stop beads
- Circular saw, for cutting new sidelights to length
- Hand plane, used to trim new sidelights to width
- Air compressor and pin nailer with 1-inch pins, for installing stop beads
- Caulk gun
Steps for How to Replace Sidelights on a Front Door:
1. From inside, use a utility knife to slice through the old paint along the outer edge of the stop beads, and in between the stop beads and sidelight sash.
2. Then, use a stiff-blade putty knife and flat bar to carefully pry the stop beads from around the sidelight sash.
3. Move outside and use the utility knife to cut through the paint bead around the exterior of the sidelight.
4. Use your fist to gently tap the wood frame of the sidelight to free it from the opening.
5. If your front door has two sidelights, repeat Steps 1 through 4 to remove the second sidelight.
6. Trim the new sidelights to fit the existing openings. Cut them to length with a circular saw, and trim them to width with a hand plane.
7. Brush a coat of exterior-grade primer onto all four edges of the sidelights.
8. Apply a continuous bead of acrylic-latex caulk around all four sides of one opening and press the sidelight into place.
9. Reinstall the original stop beads around the inside of the sidelight. Secure the stops with a pin nailer and 1-inch pins.
10. Repeat the previous two steps to install the second sidelight.
11. Prime and paint the inside and outside surfaces of both sidelights.
Follow This Old House and Ask This Old House:
TruXedo Edge Tonneau Cover: https://www.realtruck.com/truxedo-edge-tonneau-cover/?utm_source=youtube&utm_medium=description&utm_content=HowtoInstallTruXedoEdgeTonneauCover&utm_campaign=howto
The Edge is a low profile design that will give your truck a stylish look. Improves your trucks fuel economy. Fast and easy roll open and close.
Stay Informed and Sign Up:
Subscribe to our Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/RealTruckCom
Snapchat: Follow us at: realtruck.com
Periscope: Follow us @RealTruck
Give us a call at 866-262-3738
Hi guys, John here at realtruck.com. Today, I want to show you how to install a TruXedo Edge Tonneau cover on this 2016 Chevy Silverado.
All right, so we’ve got everything out of the box, as you guys can see here. It comes with everything you need to get this on the truck. It comes with your tonneau cover, your side rails, your mounting hardware, and also your bulkhead seal. So let’s get this on the truck. So the first step in installing our tonneau cover onto our truck is to install our bulkhead seal, really simple process to do.
Make sure that it’s good and clean. It’s not a bad idea to take some isopropyl alcohol and a nice clean cloth and wipe it down. Let that dry, and then start attaching our bulkhead seal. And we are going to do that just by peeling it back, start right here at the edge, and we’re just gonna follow along the edge line of our bulkhead, just like so. And then once we get it out here to the end, where we’re going to need it, then we just take the pair of scissors and just snip it off right here.