China Electrical Trunking FactoryChina Pvc Door Strip ManufacturersChina PVC Slat wall Panel ExporterRoller Cupboard Doors ManufacturersU Molding Plastic Trim SupplierWholesale Extrusion Co-Extrusion Plastic Clear PVC Data Strip Pricelist
Last month we gave away a Powermatic 15” Bandsaw to James Henderson. This month, a lucky winner will receive a Festool CT36 Vac plus Boom Arm! Enter Today: http://thewoodwhisperer.com/giveaway
- Woodworkers Fighting Cancer 2014 – http://woodworkersfightingcancer.com
- WFC T-shirts – http://www.twwstore.com/product/woodworkers-fighting-cancer-t-shirt
- WFC Mugs – http://www.twwstore.com/product/woodworkers-fighting-cancer-mug
- Keep an eye out for the Powermatic Drill Press charity auction!
- David Piccuito and fiance Kelly sent me some awesome gifts. http://drunkenWoodworker.com
- Bangle Bowl Submissions! – Through Oct. 22nd – http://www.thewoodwhisperer.com/bangle-contest/
- Matt’s Basement Workshop Patreon – http://www.patreon.com/mattsbasementworkshop
- Glen Huey, Chuck Bender, and Bob Lang are leaving Popular Woodworking. Settle down people.
Featured Viewer Project:
- Roger Garza’s Small Folk Harp – http://www.thewoodwhisperer.com/viewer-projects/rogers-small-folk-harp/
- Submit YOUR Project – http://www.thewoodwhisperer.com/submit
In Case You Missed It
- Highland Woodworker Episode 14 – http://thehighlandwoodworker.com/
- Benchcrafted Leg Vise
- Powermatic Drill Press
In the Shop:
- A look at the charity Toy Box project due out October 17th.
- Daniel Taylor – “For a woodworker new to building furniture, would you suggest starting with plywood or solid lumber projects?”
- Sarina Flores – “How do you feel about using designs from stores like Pottery Barn and Crate & Barrel as inspiration?”
- Todd Sparger – “Have you been happy with the rubber floor tiles you are using in your shop as far as being able to roll heavy tools around on it?”
- tranceformer110 – “Marc, what is your opinion of diamond plates for sharpening. Thinking about get some DMT plates since they are on sale at woodcraft.”
- Cactus Chris Makes – “Are those the floor tiles they sell at Woodworker’s Source?”
- RJsumthn – “Have you ever used colored or tinted wax when finishing a project?”
- RookieMistakes0607 – “Can you sharpen bandsaw blades? or would you just replace when they get dull?”
The Wood Whisperer is education and entertainment for the modern woodworker! Find more at http://thewoodwhisperer.com & don’t forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel! http://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=thewoodwhisperer
Connect with us!
Follow us on Twitter http://twitter.com/woodwhisperer
Like us on Facebook http://facebook.com/thewoodwhisperer
Pin us on Pinterest http://www.pinterest.com/woodwhisperer/
Learn more about our premium project videos at http://thewoodwhispererguild.com
Metal (zinc) interlocking weather-stripping installation on older wood double-hung windows.
This type of weather-stripping takes some time to install, but it does not deteriorate, compress, or break like other types of weather-stripping (felt, plastic strips, compression bulbs, etc.).
Sometimes older (30+) wood double-hung windows allow a fair amount of airflow around the sides (draft). This type of weather-stripping will make them feel as tight as if the windows were painted/caulked shut, yet they remain fully functional. No more rattling windows. It also reduces the amount of sound entering the room.
In combination with a good quality interior or exterior storm window interlocking weather-stripping attains energy savings similar to an all new window. But rather than throwing away perfectly good (often old-growth fir) windows and putting in a product with a 10-25 year life expectancy, you keep the original windows. The ones designed for your home.
Keeping your original windows is the greenest option.