China Extrusion Plastic Molding Hydroponic Channel for SalePlastic Corner Guards SupplierWholesale Plastic Bumper Corner Guard for SaleWholesale Rubber Sealing Strip ManufacturerWholesale Self Adhesive Rubber Seal FactoryWire Trim Edge With Adhesive Tape for Sale
DIY rustic furniture, diy restoration hardware. Please leave comments below if you have questions or have any other techniques you’d like to share.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO GET…..
- Great Craigslist find – aka: our dining table
- A fantastic dad to help build an insert to lengthen the table
- Citristrip – find link below
- Old paint brush or disposable sponge brushes
- A metal scraper; we used a painting 5-in-one tool
- Sponges & old rags
- Glass mason jar
- White distilled vinegar
- Steel wool
- Gloves, eye protection, and a mask
- Sand paper, belt sander or orbital sander
- Whitewash Pickling Stain – find link below
- Dark Wax – find link below
- Clear wax
- Make your own oxidizer stain 24-48 hours before you wish to stain. Pour vinegar into jar half full, then rip steel wool into 4 pieces and place in the vinegar. Let sit for 24-48 hours depending on how dark you want your stain.
- Prepare your work area by covering the floor with a waterproof drop cloth. Always wear gloves, a mask and eye protection.
- Brush on stripping gel and lit sit per instructions. I found 30 minutes to 1 hour to be sufficient. Use a water spray bottle to moisten the gel if it begins to dry out. This step may need to be repeated for tough varnishes and stains. Scrape the stripping gel sludge off with a metal scraper. —this is a really messy sticky part
- Wash surface with water thoroughly multiple times. Let dry.
- Sand surface, and distress to your liking. We used hammers, mallets and a chain! Great stress relief!!
- Apply oxidation mixture and carefully monitor – wipe off excess if it begins to darken too much. Always test your mixture on a piece of scrap wood first. Let dry.
- Use grey stain if desired. Let dry.
- Use Whitewash Pickling Stain – dilute your mixture 50/50 mix to make handling easier and give yourself more play time. Wipe off excess to your desired finish. Let dry.
- Use dark wax in circular motion… “Wax on, Wax off”… Wax should dry in about 10 minutes, then wax off in opposite direction.
- Finally use the clear wax as a top coat and to seal the surface. Wax can take a few weeks to fully cure, be careful not to put anything on your furniture until it has been cured. Check package for instructions and cure time.
- Enjoy your beautiful piece of furniture that was much cheaper than purchasing it from Restoration Hardware!
MUSIC BY: Jim Yosef – Eclipse
by YouTube: NoCopyrightSounds
Find Jim Yosef at:
Whitewash Pickling Stain
small rolling shutter