China Date Strip SupplierEdge Trim Protective U Rubber for SaleFurniture Corners Guards China ManufacturersT/U/V/L/W/H/D/C Molding Plastic Strip Or Profile ManufacturersWholesale Pvc Trim Edge With Adhesive Tape SupplierWholesale Rubber Sealing Strip Exporter
Quick run through of building and using a vacuum former to create canopies for RC airplanes. However this vacuum former could be used for any project.
Vacuum Former Parts:
* Shop Vac Universal adapter (http://www.lowes.com/pd_37045-20097-9068711_1z0x55h+1z136r9__?productId=1085001&Ntt=shop+vac&pl=1¤tURL=%3FNtt%3Dshop%2Bvac%26page%3D1&facetInfo=accessory)
*24″ x 24″ x 1/2″ ply (x2)
*22″ x 22″ x 1/2″ ply (x1)
*3″ x 1″ x 24″ Ply Strips (x2)
*3″ x 1 ” x 22″ Ply strips (x2)
*Weather Stripping (http://www.lowes.com/pd_96244-1410-R534_0__?productId=3047980&Ntt=foam+weatherstripping&pl=1¤tURL=%3FNtt%3Dfoam%2Bweatherstripping&facetInfo=)
*Window Screen Frame Material and Corners (http://www.lowes.com/pd_47207-15369-71445_0__?Ntt=window+screens+frame&UserSearch=window+screens+frame&productId=3094527&rpp=32)
Assmeble box from 24″ x 24″ ply and 3″ ply strips. Secure with wood glue and screws.
Center 22″ x 22″ ply on top side of box and secure thoughroughly with wood glue.
When Dry drill desired holes in top of 22″ x 22″ ply all the way through both layers.
Around the outside edges of the 22″ x 22″ ply line with weatherstripping
Using a hole saw cut and fit the shop vac adapter. I secured with epoxy and used silcone sealant to ensure there were no leaks.
Assemble window screen frame. I also secured corner peices with JB weld to ensure the frame would remain sturdy.
Vacuum Forming Plastic:
Supplier : http://www.iplasticsupply.com/
Materials used: PETG / Vivak
Thicknesses: .020″ & .030″
* Formers cut 1/4″ short in all directions.
* Assemble formers and fill voids with block foam. Be sure to allow extra area for trimming final canopy.
* Sand to shape
* Cover entire plug in Bondo or similar body filler
* Rough sand to appropriate shape and add additional filler if needed.
* Fine sand plug to at least 320 grit
* Apply multiple coats of auto primer, sanding in between.
* When satisfied with the smoothness of the plug, add a few additional coats of primer and wet sand to at least 400 grit.
Before each pull inspect the plug to ensure it is free of dust or fingerprints as these can transfer to your canopy.
In this segment of Material Marvels, Dr. Ainissa Ramirez describes how simple devices like cell phones can be powered by heat using thermoelectric materials which convert heat to electricity.