Cabinet With Shutter Doors ManufacturerLight Flexible Pvc Roller Shutter Doors For Furniture&Kitchen China FactoryPvc Plastic Roller Shutter Doors For File Cabinet China FactoriesU Molding Edge Strip for SaleWholesale Extruded/Co-Extrusion Hard Plastic Edge Strip For Door And Window FactoryWholesale PE TPE PVC T Edge Trim Manufacturer
Quick run through of building and using a vacuum former to create canopies for RC airplanes. However this vacuum former could be used for any project.
Vacuum Former Parts:
* Shop Vac Universal adapter (http://www.lowes.com/pd_37045-20097-9068711_1z0x55h+1z136r9__?productId=1085001&Ntt=shop+vac&pl=1¤tURL=%3FNtt%3Dshop%2Bvac%26page%3D1&facetInfo=accessory)
*24″ x 24″ x 1/2″ ply (x2)
*22″ x 22″ x 1/2″ ply (x1)
*3″ x 1″ x 24″ Ply Strips (x2)
*3″ x 1 ” x 22″ Ply strips (x2)
*Weather Stripping (http://www.lowes.com/pd_96244-1410-R534_0__?productId=3047980&Ntt=foam+weatherstripping&pl=1¤tURL=%3FNtt%3Dfoam%2Bweatherstripping&facetInfo=)
*Window Screen Frame Material and Corners (http://www.lowes.com/pd_47207-15369-71445_0__?Ntt=window+screens+frame&UserSearch=window+screens+frame&productId=3094527&rpp=32)
Assmeble box from 24″ x 24″ ply and 3″ ply strips. Secure with wood glue and screws.
Center 22″ x 22″ ply on top side of box and secure thoughroughly with wood glue.
When Dry drill desired holes in top of 22″ x 22″ ply all the way through both layers.
Around the outside edges of the 22″ x 22″ ply line with weatherstripping
Using a hole saw cut and fit the shop vac adapter. I secured with epoxy and used silcone sealant to ensure there were no leaks.
Assemble window screen frame. I also secured corner peices with JB weld to ensure the frame would remain sturdy.
Vacuum Forming Plastic:
Supplier : http://www.iplasticsupply.com/
Materials used: PETG / Vivak
Thicknesses: .020″ & .030″
* Formers cut 1/4″ short in all directions.
* Assemble formers and fill voids with block foam. Be sure to allow extra area for trimming final canopy.
* Sand to shape
* Cover entire plug in Bondo or similar body filler
* Rough sand to appropriate shape and add additional filler if needed.
* Fine sand plug to at least 320 grit
* Apply multiple coats of auto primer, sanding in between.
* When satisfied with the smoothness of the plug, add a few additional coats of primer and wet sand to at least 400 grit.
Before each pull inspect the plug to ensure it is free of dust or fingerprints as these can transfer to your canopy.