China Reinforced Polyester Wear Strip For Food Machine Parts PricelistChina Reinforced Polyester Wear Strip PricelistChina Step Nosing Edge TrimPvc Slat Wall Panel PricelistPVC/PP/PE/TPR TPE Tablet Plastic Rubber Corner Guards FactoryT Plastic Window Edge Trim Supplier
In this video I show you how the professionals fill holes or gaps in wood – using 2 Part Professional Wood Filler.
In today’s tool kit we’ve got:
- Metolux 2 Part Professional Wood Filler* (from Johnstones Decorator’s Centre)
- Filling Knife (although the Wood Filler includes a plastic spatula)
- Medium Grade Sand Paper (120grade) and wooden block
Metolux filler is one of the lesser known brands, although they’re pretty much all the same.
Other brands include:
- Cuprinol Wood Filler (approx price £9.99 for a 500g tin)
- Ronseal Wood Filler (approx price £11.99 for a 550g tin)
- Everbuild Wood Filler (approx price £9.99 for a 500g tin)
2 Part Fillers are so called because they include a small tube of hardener which you add to the wood filler and mix together. 2 Part Fillers set much quicker than 1 part fillers, which is great when you want to get the job done quickly.
Tip: if you’re using this filler for the first time, start with a small amount, until you become proficient at using it – as it sets in 5-10 minutes after mixing, leaving you with little time to apply it.
Sand the filler whilst it’s still relatively soft – within 15-30 minutes after mixing.
It’s a good idea to have a hoover handy, as there’s quite a lot of filler dust generated when you sand the filler.
SUBSCRIBE – you can subscribe to my Channel here:
This video shows how to fix a tambour door that has bowed as a consequence of painting residues between the slats.