China Carpet Plastic Edge Strip ManufacturersEdge Banding Trim Strip SupplierReinforced Polyester Wear Strip For Food Machine Parts China SupplierRubber Weather Sealing Tape China FactoryT Pvc Cabinet Edge Trim for SaleWholesale Furniture/Door Flexible Plastic Edge Trim Supplier
Watch the full episode: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_6Bj6nmo-o
This Old House plumbing and heating expert Richard Trethewey shows how to replace a badly corroded cast-iron flange. (See the shopping list, tools, and steps below.)
Click here to SUBSCRIBE to the official This Old House YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=thisoldhouse
Shopping List for How to Repair a Cast-Iron Toilet Flange:
- Plastic expansion closet flange, to replace old cast-iron flange
- Large sponge and bucket, for sopping up water
- Four wood blocks, used as spacers beneath the new closet flange
- Rubber gasket, for sealing toilet to flange
Tools for How to Repair a Cast-Iron Toilet Flange:
- Wrench, to loosen and tighten hex nuts
- Close-quarter hacksaw, for sawing through bolts
- Stiff-blade putty knife, to scrape off wax gasket
- Hammer and cold chisel, for chopping out the cast-iron flange
- Pliers, to pull out the old flange
- Wet/dry vacuum, for collecting dust and debris
- Ratcheting hex-key wrench, to tighten the flange screws
Steps for How to Repair a Cast-Iron Toilet Flange:
1. Close the shut-off valve behind the toilet to stop the flow of water.
2. Remove the lid from the toilet tank. Flush the toilet and hold down the flush lever to drain as much water from the tank as possible.
3. Reach inside the tank and unscrew the ball float.
4. Use a large sponge to sop up the remaining water from inside the tank and from the bottom of the toilet bowl.
5. Remove the nuts from the closet bolts on each side of the toilet base. If the nuts are rusted in place, cut through the bolts with a close-quarter hacksaw.
6. Unscrew the water-supply line from the underside of the toilet tank.
7. Rock the toilet back and forth to break its wax seal with the drainpipe. Lift the toilet and carry it out of the room.
8. Use a stiff-blade putty knife to scrape away the wax gasket from the closet flange.
9. Unscrew and remove any extension rings to expose the cast-iron closet flange.
10. If the flange is badly corroded, use a hammer and cold chisel to chop out the flange.
11. Pull the loosened flange out of the cast-iron drainpipe with a pair of pliers.
12. Vacuum up all dust and debris from around the drainpipe and bathroom floor.
13. Set four wood blocks around the drainpipe to hold the new closet flange at the correct height.
14. Install a plastic expansion closet flange into the cast-iron drainpipe.
15. Use a ratcheting hex-key wrench to tighten the four screws on the inside of the flange until the flange is tightly wedged into the drainpipe.
16. Slide two new closet bolts into the slotted keyways in the flange.
17. Place a rubber toilet gasket over the bolts and onto the closet flange.
18. Set the toilet back into place on top of the gasket.
19. Onto each closet bolt put a plastic washer, stainless-steel washer, and hex nut. Alternately tighten each nut with a wrench, being careful not to crack the toilet base.
20. Trim off the excess bolt with the hacksaw.
21. Snap on the plastic caps to conceal the closet bolts.
22. Reattach the water-supply line to the underside of the toilet tank.
23. Screw the ball float back onto the flush valve.
24. Open the shut-off valve and flush the toilet to ensure it’s working properly.
Follow This Old House and Ask This Old House:
Check out Complete house tour of Mr.Kishan’s 3BHK apartment which is in Salarpuria greenage located in bommanahalli,Bangalore.
#Foyer: As you enter the foyer area you can see a beautiful CNC cutting on top with acrylic sheet behind and it’s lit by the cove lights and this is sandwiched by the wooden rafters. Below that we have given stone claddings with some cute designs on top and that’s lit by the spotlights from the rafters. And right below that we have provided a shoe rack at a seater height and a tall unit with cabinets and a drawer. Moving on to the false ceiling we have given periphery with spot lights and cove lights which is very welcoming.
#LivingArea: we have given wooden paneling for the entrance of the living area, as we enter you can see the a floating TV unit which is very interesting. It has a curve shaped ledge made of flexible ply and we have given a back panel to conceal the wires and on either sides we have given closed cabinets to place your newspapers and magazines and in between we have given one open cabinet for the setup box and DVD players, They have well decorated the tv unit with nice artifacts which is looking very good. To talk about the false ceiling we have given a lot of rectangles throughout the living and dining area with very attractive CNC cutting and these are lit by the cove lights, and we have hung a designer fan from the actual false ceiling that’s again lit by the cove lights.
#Dining Area: This is one of the best ideas and well executed i can say because we have given a counter top with Alabaster sheet which is lit by the cove lights below and the light is thrown on the artifacts displayed on top of the counter which is attractive and we have provided over head cabinets with clear glass and top lifts and shutters below with drawers for the crockery items to fit in. Next to that we have provided a washbasin with curved mirror over all it looks functional.
#Kitchen: As soon as you enter the kitchen we can see fascinating colors, we have given a combination of winter sea and frosty white laminates. Towards my right we have given 2 tall units one has a built in oven and tandem boxes and the other tall unit has an aluminum rolling shutters. Next to that we have the magic corner, bottle pullout, cutlery and tali unit, tandem box and cabinets. And on either side of the chimney we have top lift cabinets and the ledge have spotlights to highlight and on top we have provided an end to end lofts for more storage.
Utility area: Just next to the kitchen is the utility area which has a curve shaped smoky glass and below that we have given wicker baskets to store vegetables and have made provision for the washing machine and on top we have given cabinets and lofts running end to end for storage.
#MasterBedroom: we are now in the master bedroom as u enter the first thing which strikes you is the wardrobes because for the first time we have designed a full length wardrobe without providing lofts. The shutters are sandwiched between the lacquered glass which is in gray color and in between we have provided designed fabric with clear glass on top and the sides are duco painted. We have designed a huge king size bed with storage below and a very beautiful cushion head board with 2 side tables on either sides. On top we have designed a simple periphery with spot lights and cove lights. On the other side we have a dresser with curved ledges and 3 chest of drawers to fit your cosmetics. Over all the master bedroom looks really themed.
#GuestBedroom: As we enter we have we have a classy false ceiling which has periphery with continued rectangles with spot lights and cove lights to light up the whole area and onto this side we have provided 3 door slider wardrobes and we have used cream shimmery and copper shimmery laminates with concealed handles and the center door is pasted with huge mirror to create sense of space and on top we have provided end to end loft for more storage. On the other side we have given a queen size cot with storage below and the side tables on either side with drawers and the headboard is extended till the side table which is very beautifully designed we have given CNC cutting on either side of the nishes with backlighting and in between there is a nish lit by the cove light. So overall this room is wonderfully designed.
#MediaRoom: This room looks really stunning for its color and designs. This is a media room, we have given diagonal slits and periphery with spot lights and cove lights for the false ceiling. Here we have a sit out with cushion on top and storage below. This is a small tv unit with back paneling and step shaped ledges to keep your books or artifacts, and box shelf for the books again and 2 top lifts for storage. Next to that we have provided a foldable ledge for access. This room plays with black and cream color which is amazing.
Designer : Kusuma
For custom made trendy interiors, Do reach us @ http://www.bonito.in/contact/